#1 Largest Resource on the Internet for Specialty Markets in the Travel & Meetings/Events Industry

Sunday, December 9, 2012

My Agritourism Tour of Jim Beam Bourbon Distillery in Kentucky

There's one thing I learned when I first moved to Kentucky - and it's that Kentucky is the Bourbon Capital of the World.

So when my parents came on a recent visit, I made sure to take them on a bourbon distillery tour and the place we chose was Jim Beam Distillery. While we were on the guided tour, I began thinking my visit of a bourbon distillery tour could make for a great blog post - especially since such type of touring falls under the concepts and growth markets of agritourism, factory (plant) touring, as well as culinary/food touring.  As such, I began taking photos feverishly of which you can see my fruits below!

By the end of our visit, we had spent money on the guided tour tickets, souvenirs and other items in the gift shop, as well as at a nearby restaurant and of course on gas.  All of this is a classic example of how destinations and organizations can turn a site as straightforward as a bourbon distillery into a place of tourism and added economic growth for the surrounding region.

TOUR INFO OF JIM BEAM DISTILLERY
+ Official Website http://www.americanstillhouse.com
+ Info about touring Jim Beam Distillery

Special note: One of the great things about the distillery tour at Jim Beam is that it's very interactive. You can see in some of the photos below some of the ways we got our hands a little dirty by personally participating!

PHOTOS FROM OUR VISIT AND TOUR OF JIM BEAM DISTILLERY















1 comment:

Tourareas said...

Thanks for your grateful informations, am working in Tourism Portal, so it will be helpful info for my works.