Schretter, founder and managing editor of the Family Travel Network, identified key trends and provided specific steps to capitalize on them. We picked a few suggestions that focus on using your website to attract more family business.
- Highlight your great guides and insider destination expertise that are included in tours.
- Put a "Celebrations & Family Reunions" navigation button on your website and show what you do for birthdays, anniversaries, family reunions, etc.
- Display accommodations that allow families to spread out (especially for multigenerational vacations).
- If appropriate, make sure your site includes potential search terms such as "multi-sport family vacations" and "family adventure vacations" and "adventure vacations."
- Most family travel vacation websites and ads showcase school-age children, so if you want to appeal to families with young adults, add those photos to your site.